Accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. Enclosed places such as concert arenas and stadiums are easy targets for an attack.
It’s important to consider your location and figure out what you need to do in case of an emergency. Here are a few guidelines for your next event:
Things That You Must Do:
- Know where the emergency exits are. Be familiar with your seat, how far it is from the emergency exit, and how many there is that you can run to in case of an emergency. Familiarise yourself with the area and find out how to get to the exits.
- Communicate. If you are going with someone else or a huge group, make sure that you exchange numbers and that you have a designated meeting place in case something happens.
- Take note of the security. Before and while entering the area, make sure to check where the security officers are posted – at least you know where to go and look for help.
- Look for a safe place. If you see a closet or a room that you can hide in, then take note of that, as you can use it to hide in case of an attack later on. You can even take a picture of it if you think you will remember it easier that way.
- Trust your gut. If you see someone that you think looks suspicious, you can always notify the event staff or security about it. Remember: it’s always better to act on it that feel sorry later.
Things That You Must NOT Do:
- Do not panic. Easier said than done, but staying calm amidst the chaos can really help save your life. Breathe, think, and think of a plan wherein you can get out of the situation safely.
- Don’t stand close to the windows. This is to avoid the shards in case it breaks.
- Do not get caught in a stampede. Once you notice people running and pushing each other, stay away. Hide somewhere and plan your exit.
Don’t stop yourself from going out and living your best life. But stay safe and alert in case anything happens.
Speaking of safety, don’t forget to keep your car safe when you go. Leave your car with Alpha Airport Parking to ease your worries.