Airports are big places. All that space is always occupied by huge crowds that only grow more during the holidays. It always pays to arrive with a lot of time to spare to help you navigate through the airport easily.
Another reason to get to the airport early is so that you will be more relaxed and clear-headed. It also pays to have all your belongings packed and ready to go the night before. That way, you can be sure that you have everything packed and ready to go.
Leaving for the airport
To ensure that you are on time, it’s best to drive yourself to the airport and leave your car at an airport car park nearby. You can then take the free shuttle to the airport.
A cool advantage of parking your car just outside the airport is that you can save a few dollars on the parking space for the same quality service.
PACKING YOUR LUGGAGE
Depending on how long and where you’re going, you should pack appropriately. If it’s a short trip, then a single carry-on should be enough. But if you’re going to be gone for a longer period, then consider packing the essentials, keeping in mind your destination’s weather. Here are a few other tips:
- Packing liquids. Keep in mind that airports enforce a strict policy on how much liquid you can bring onto the plane. Passengers can carry 100mL of liquid on their carry-on packs. So plan accordingly.
- Bringing presents? Don’t wrap them yet. If you’re looking to bring wrapped gifts onboard, don’t. At least, have security have a look first before wrapping it up after you go through security.
- Realistic toys. Airport security is something you don’t want to trifle with. Avoid packing toys that resemble real weapons like airsoft guns, or anything similar in your carry on. Do not make jokes about bombs.
When you arrive at the airport, check in your bags as soon as you can. You can check in your bags online through the airline’s website or app. You will have options like printing your boarding pass or have it sent to your phone for convenience. Just be mindful of your bags to avoid losing anything valuable inside.
GOING THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY
There’s a lot to unload when going through airport security. Knowing what and how to pack it is the first step, but you have to go through it yourself.
- Preparation is the key. Going through airport security is inevitable. Prepare yourself. Empty your pockets, take off your coat, sweater and shoes and place it in a bin. With that said, dress comfortably, preferably in shoes that are easy to slip on or off to make your way through the screening a lot faster.
- Be patient. Security might want to go through your carry on bag further. Let them do it, and answer their questions honestly. Avoid making any bomb or terrorist jokes if you want to get on your plane. Be cooperative and patient. They’re just doing their jobs to keep you and everyone else safe.
- Additional screening. Sometimes you will be required to go through additional screening if you don’t pass through the metal detector successfully. You can choose between a full body scan or a physical search. You can waive these searches, but you won’t be able to go on the plane.
Keep these tips in mind when you’re travelling by plane soon so you can quickly go through the motions and be on your flight in no time at all.
What’s more, while you’re making plans, don’t’ forget to book an airport car park space to ensure you have a place for your car to stay safe while you’re away. You can even order extra services like a car wash for your car so you can come home to a shiny vehicle to drive yourself home in.