Over the years, air travel has become more and more popular with travellers. To accommodate this growing need, airports had to make an adjustment.
This adjustment includes improving their parking spaces so that more people can drive themselves to the airport and park their car and catch their flight. The intention is good, but unfortunately, it’s usually not enough.
Why traditional airport parking is not enough
When you choose to park your car at the airport, it can be convenient. Because 1.) your car is already within walking distance, and 2.) you can drive yourself to and from the airport. But you also have to factor in the fact that you could come back to a scratched/damaged car, or you may find that your car has been burgled.
Because of the volume of vehicles using this service, airports usually can’t keep up with the security. And for those who do enhance their parking lots and garages, it comes at a hefty price that you are expected to shoulder.
What’s more, if you find that your reserved spot has been taken, there is a high chance you can miss your flight as you drive around trying to find a parking space.
Having said all this, there is a hassle-free option for those who wish to drive themselves to the airport and leave their vehicle there as they catch their flight: off-site airport parking.
Off-site Airport Parking and its perks
Off-site airport parking, as the name suggests is a parking space for your car while you are away. The only difference is that it is not located within the airport’s compound. Instead, it can be found somewhere near the airport.
There are a lot of reasons to choose off-site airport parking over the traditional parking space. One of the best reasons to opt for this service is that you are guaranteed a spot plus other add-on services. Here are some other reasons to choose off-site parking:
- Convenience. Once you’ve booked your flight and made the decision to drive yourself to the airport, you can call the off-site parking service to reserve your spot. The operator will give you the breakdown of what you will be paying for, and what you need to present on the day of your flight.
- Better Security. Airport parking provides standard security for your vehicles, as they have to look after thousands of cars at a time. Off-parking usually offers 24/7 security, as they often have a lower number of parked cars in their lot. This makes it a lot easier for security to monitor the vehicles and ensures that they do not get damaged or burgled while you are away.
- Additional Services. Another thing you don’t get with airport parking is traditional services. Off-site parking usually offers a variety of other services including car washes and the choice to book your car into a covered or open space parking, depending on how long you will be gone. When you opt for the car wash service, it will be like leaving your car at the spa while you are away and you’ll be guaranteed a spotless car upon your return.
- Economical. Compared to regular airport parking, off-site ones are more economical. This means that you will be getting more for less. This is especially recommended for those who will be gone for a few weeks and for those who are on a tight budget.
- Shuttle Service. Because the place where you will be parking your car is off-site, the company usually offers a free shuttle service from the office to the airport so you don’t have to take a cab or walk to the airport. This service can also pick you up from the airport and take you to the office upon your return. A convenient service all around.
Once you’ve made the decision to book a space for your car on an off-site parking lot, don’t forget to do a quick background search on the company just to make sure that they are what they claim to be.
If you’re flying from Brisbane, Gold Coast, or Melbourne, then you’re in luck because you can book a parking space with Alpha Airport Parking in advance to make sure that your travel is always comfortable.