You can never be too careful when you are travelling, especially if you are alone. You never know who may be listening in on your personal and phone conversations so here are some tips to ensure your safety.
1. Never discuss out loud the destination you intend to visit or the accommodation you are using. You may be unwittingly giving would-be criminals access to you and your personal space without even realising it. If you need to share this with someone, write it down or text them so you know that only they are getting the information.
2. Once you arrive at your hotel room it is a good idea to use your luggage to prop the door open. This is for a couple of reasons. A) you may have inadvertently been given a key to a room that someone else already resides in, or B) you could be disturbing a robber and with the door propped open you will be able to make a speedy and safe getaway.
3. If you hear a knock at your door and you are not expecting anyone, even room service, it is a good idea to call the front desk first before opening it.
4. Use your deadbolt when you are in the room.
5. Acquaint yourself with the nearest exits and keep a torch, your room key and any essential personal items such as purses and wallets altogether should you need to evacuate in a hurry.
6. Leave the television on when you are out. This way most people will believe there is someone in the room and will go elsewhere if they are looking for an easy break in.
Safe and Secure Parking
The same can apply when you arrive at the airport after a long trip. With all the human traffic in an airport you could be forgiven for being tired and not so observant of someone following you to your vehicle.
This is why you may find it best to take advantage of safe car parking at airports. Alpha Airport Parking offer nearby offsite secure parking and are able to take you to the airport in time for you to catch your flight.
When you return Alpha Airport Parking are there again waiting in their purple people movers to collect you and take you back to your securely parked vehicle.
How does it get any more secure than that? Check out the great rates at https://www.alphaairportparking.com.au