Holidays aren’t always week-long trips. Some are a simple weekend getaway where you will be back in your favourite office cubicle by Monday morning. With that said, it doesn’t make sense to pack a lot of things for a week-long trip if you’ll only be gone for a few days. It’s important to only pack the travel essentials.
That is why it is essential to make significant considerations when packing your bags before your long-awaited trip. Here is a short guide to know the travel essentials for whatever type of trip you are about to embark on.
- Versatile clothes. Because this is a business trip, expect yourself to sit in a variety of meetings and more. So remember to pack work clothes that offer versatility and durability. Choose to pack neutral colours that allow you to mix and match quickly.
- Take only a bag. Take a single carry-on bag with you during your trip. This makes your airport process a lot faster and make it easier to keep track of your belongings.
The city dweller
- Comfort above everything else. Whether it’s visiting a few friends in the city or if you just want to check out the different city dweller hangouts, packing your most comfortable clothes and shoes for the trip is the best thing to do, especially if you will expect yourself to do a lot of walking and more.
- Tote bags. It’s always a good idea to keep a few stylish tote bags with you when you’re out and about. This gives you a place to store anything you buy or get either for yourself or souvenirs for your loved ones.
- Bulk up your bank account. The last thing you need when travelling alone is not being able to pay for a meal or lodging. So it is a good idea to bulk up your savings before embarking on a trip to make sure you can afford anything and everything.
- Chargers. Aside from your bank account, you also need to keep your electronics like your cell phone juiced. So keep a charger or a power bank with you at all times.
- Waterproof electronics. Going on a beach trip? Remember to put your phone and any other electronic or item in a dry bag or a protective water case. The ones with clear covers work best as it allows you to use your camera and touchscreen without getting it wet.
- Sarong. A sarong has a lot of uses. It can be used as a cover for yourself, a beach blanket, a head cover, or even used to bundle items you want to take to and from the beach.
These are just some of the things to consider packing depending on the trip you are about to go on. Enjoy yourself and stay comfortable and prepared for anything.
Speaking of being prepared, don’t forget to book a car park service, so you have a secure place to leave your car before you go.
More from Alpha Airport Parking blog: